SMALL GREEN STEPS is a cost effective online sustainability membership program developed specifically for early childhood services in Australia.
The 40-step program is completed by the Centre as a group and has been designed to provide you with all you need to embed sustainable practices across your service and meet the National Quality Framework environmental objectives.
There is no timeframe to complete the SMALL GREEN STEPS program but most childcare services participating generally complete the program over 12 months.
Membership of the program includes:
- All the information to earn FOUR certificates for your Centre
- Online access for all educators and staff at your Centre
- Provision of an Environment Policy and Sustainability Action Plan
- Instructions to set up a Sustainability Committee
- Energy efficiency tips that could save you at least 10% on your energy bills
- Examples of green activities for children
- A Sustainability Inspection checklist and other useful templates
- Ongoing email and telephone support
- Regular E-Newsletters containing updates on environmental issues
- Authority to use the Small Green Steps membership logo on all correspondence
- Access to environmentally responsible cleaning and laundry supplies
- Discount from a major national retailer for energy and water efficient appliances.
Over 600 childcare services around Australia have completed the SMALL GREEN STEPS program. The current list of active members can be viewed here.
HOW TO REGISTER
To become a member of the SMALL GREEN STEPS program simply email the following details to us here:
- Centre Name
- Address (including postcode)
- Contact Person
- Contact Phone Number
We will then send you an invoice. Once this invoice has been paid - we will send you a username and password to access the program.
The cost of membership to the Small Green Steps program is an initial once off $80 joining fee plus a $150 up front service fee for access to the program for 12 months. (Total cost in year one $230). Payments can be made by credit card, cheque or bank transfer.
Note: Prices include GST and are generally tax deductible. We have also been advised that Long Day Care Professional Development Programme funds can be used to pay for membership to the SMALL GREEN STEPS program.
Small Green Steps was designed and developed by
PO BOX 699 - MAROOCHYDORE - QLD 4564